Research Participant Program
Research Participant Program internships are open to full-time undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining valuable mentoring experience, participating in the lab's research and development programs, and establishing ongoing collaborations.
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university who have successfully completed at least the sophomore year of school by June of the current year and plan to continue full-time enrollment during the following fall term are eligible for NREL's Research Participant Program internships. Eligible applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours as an undergraduate or 9 credit hours as a graduate student
- Have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the last completed semester.
During the academic year, our undergraduate students can work a maximum of 25 hours per week, and our graduate students can work a maximum of 30 hours per week.
During the summer and breaks, all students can work 40 hours per week.
In addition to competitive wages, NREL interns receive limited benefits including:
- An EcoPass for public transportation
- Access to NREL’s voluntary 403(b) Employee Savings Plan
- Confidential assistance through NREL’s Employee Assistance Program
- An option to participate in medical, dental, and vision insurance plans if working 20+ hours per week.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.