If you become an NREL employee, you’ll reap many benefits, not just healthcare.
NREL is dedicated to evaluating and compensating employees fairly, supporting employees in professional growth and development, assisting with personal or professional concerns, and rewarding employees for exceptional work.
NREL's benefits package for full- and part-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage effective the first of the month coinciding with or following the date of hire.
Employees with an initial assignment of 12 months or longer are eligible for:
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Personal Time Off
- Basic Life Insurance
- Extended Sick Leave
- Short-term Disability
- 403(b) Employee Savings Plan Matching
- Pension Benefits (based on all other eligibility rules).
Positions with initial assignments of 12 months or longer may also be eligible for relocation benefits.
We also offer:
- An employee assistance program with confidential counseling and referral services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and development programs
- On-site wellness activities, including health coaching, fitness rooms, aerobics, and yoga
- Flexible schedules
- Business casual dress
- Free RTD EcoPass for Denver's transit system.
Our international or foreign national applicants receive special support. Learn about visas and immigration.
Benefits You Can Feel
At NREL, you can make a difference every day and contribute to creating a better world for future generations. To name a few of these intangible bonuses, we pride ourselves on:
- Access to world-class equipment, labs, and meeting space that enable collaboration and innovation
- A passionate leadership team who is invested in the long-term future and success of NREL and its staff
- A flexible work environment that enables and encourages a good work/life balance
- A growing, changing workforce with a focus on supporting early career researchers
- A campus that boasts a stunning cafeteria, coffee shop, fitness center, and other clubs and activities, plus miles of open space trails just outside our front door
- Unique giving programs, volunteer opportunities, and mentoring partnerships that encourage personal passions.
Meet an NRELian to see some of the people who embody the spirit of our lab.