The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is transforming energy through research, development, commercialization, and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Partner with us to accelerate the transition of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies to the marketplace.
Find NREL-developed data sets, maps, models, and tools used for the analysis of energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Explore our current job postings, which include research positions and other career opportunities in a variety of fields.
Learn about the basics of our research areas—bioenergy, geothermal, hydrogen, solar, transportation, wind, and water.
Documentary Short Illustrates Impact of Waves to Water Prize
March 22, 2023
Designing the Future of Wave Energy
March 21, 2023
Researchers Determine Simplified Way To Make Perovskite Solar Cells by Coating Multiple Layers at Once
March 21, 2023
New Infrastructure Perception and Control Lab Merges Transportation and Computational Science
March 20, 2023
- U.S. Solar Photovoltaic System and Energy Storage Cost Benchmarks
- Electrification of Aircraft: Challenges, Barriers, and Potential Impacts
- Fall 2021 Solar Industry Update
- There's No Place Like Home: Residential Parking, Electrical Access, and Implications for the Future of Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- An Examination of the Hydropower Licensing and Federal Authorization Process