The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is transforming energy through research, development, commercialization, and deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Partner with us to accelerate the transition of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies to the marketplace.
Find NREL-developed data sets, maps, models, and tools used for the analysis of energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Explore our current job postings, which include research positions and other career opportunities in a variety of fields.
Learn about the basics of our research areas—bioenergy, geothermal, hydrogen, solar, transportation, wind, and water.
Q&A With Andriy Zakutayev: Materials Architect Builds New Energy-Efficient Devices One Atom at a Time
May 24, 2023
NREL Adds Lab Space With New Building, Preps Other Projects
May 23, 2023
News Release: Inflation Reduction Act Invests $150 Million in NREL Projects
May 22, 2023
NREL Foundation Creates New Opportunities, Enables Nontraditional Funding Sources To Support Research and Initiatives
May 18, 2023
- U.S. Solar Photovoltaic System and Energy Storage Cost Benchmarks
- Electrification of Aircraft: Challenges, Barriers, and Potential Impacts
- Fall 2021 Solar Industry Update
- There's No Place Like Home: Residential Parking, Electrical Access, and Implications for the Future of Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- An Examination of the Hydropower Licensing and Federal Authorization Process