Add a news item to this page.
Year of 2013
May 13, 2013
May 9, 2013
- 20:20 MST: The SRRL PGS-100 spectroradiometer was calibrated on April 26, 2013 outdoors against the NIST traceable LI-1800 PRS-102. The new calibration file will be applied to data starting at sun rise tomorrow. -Afshin Andreas
May 6, 2013
- 15:29 MST: There is a problem with the SRRL BMS Daily Accumulated Precipitation summation, which started on November 12, 2012 due to a data logger operating system upgrade, as a result the accumulation was being reset every 24 minutes (instead of every 24 hours). Program was updated today to correct for the change in operating system behavior. Data will be corrected in the future. In the mean time users can sum up the 1-minute precipitation values over the day. -Afshin Andreas
April 26, 2013
- 06:54 MST: SRRL ATI RSR Version 0 has been down since May 1 due to a power issue. Users should continue to use Irradiance Inc. RSR Version 2 data. -Afshin Andreas
April 24, 2013
April 23, 2013
- 13:18 MST: The SRRL BMS Upwelling Quantum LI-190 sensor was inverted to look at the sky between 10:35 to 13:13 MST today so that it could be calibrated. -Afshin Andreas
April 15, 2013
- 19:38 MST: March 2012 through December 2012 Monthly Data Sets & Reports for ECSU and BSC have been generated. -Afshin Andreas
- 12:16 MST: A PAR sensor was added to the NELHA station at 09:01 HST today.
April 9, 2013
- 13:40 MST: The SRRL Global 40-South LI-1800 Spectroradiometer was removed from service today @ 8:17 MST, calibrated against NIST F655, and returned to service @ 13:37 MST -Afshin Andreas
April 8, 2013
- 09:07 MST: SRRL BMS data lab temp/RH sensor was returned to service at 08:47 MST today. -Afshin Andreas
April 4, 2013
April 2, 2013
- 08:33 MST: The MIDC raw data API which allows for automated extraction of daily data sets from any MIDC station has been created. Extracted data is equivalent to data retrieved using the All Raw Data option from the MIDC daily data web interface, however URL structure has been simplified for API use.
- 08:31 MST: SRRL BMS Data lab Temp/RH sensor was removed for calibration today @ 08:24 MST. -Afshin Andreas
April 1, 2013
- 14:51 MST: The SAMPA web-based calculator has been updated to include the ΔUT1 input. -Afshin Andreas
March 14, 2013
- 16:32 MST: SPA source code which is available for download has been updated to include latest revisions (see comments in source code). -Afshin Andreas
- 14:45 MST: The SPA web-based calculator has been updated to include the ΔUT1 input. -Afshin Andreas
- 13:24 MST: As of 13:10 MST today, all MIDC data acquisition systems have been switch from UT to UTC. The fractional second difference between UTC and UT, called ΔUT1, is used to adjust UTC for earth's irregular rotation rate and is derived from observation only. The current value of ΔUT1, which is required for SPA, has been added to the SRRL BMS data stream. -Afshin Andreas
March 5, 2013
- 08:13 MST: Communciation to Bluefield State College was lost on March 12, 2013 at 18:05 EST. Problem unknown at this time.
March 4, 2013
- 13:22 MST: Because of NREL power outage, SRRL BMS Direct CH1 and Diffuse 8-48 data has been reconstructed from 3/2/2013 at 13:06 MST to 18:24 MST using data from the SRRL RSR2. Data Quality Statements will be updated to reflect this. -Afshin Andreas
- 12:50 MST: An Excel® spreadsheet to help the user determine instrument measurement uncertainty is now available on MIDC. -Afshin Andreas
March 3, 2013
- 14:26 MST: SRRL was without power from 3/2/2013 at 08:06 MST to 18:24 MST. Various Baseline Measurement System (BMS) instruments will be down at different times depending on UPS support systems. The UPS powering the two BMS Sci-Tec trackers died at 13:06 MST. Data quality statements for each instrument will be created identifying exact down times. -Afshin Andreas
- 11:30 MST: Data collection for SRRL GPS-Based PWV resumed at 09:15 MST today. No data is available since 3/2/2013 at 07:45 MST because the Trimble data acquisition device lost all its settings during the NREL power outage. -Afshin Andreas
- 10:38 MST: Communcation to HSU was restored at approx 9:00 MST today. -Afshin Andreas
March 1, 2013
- 10:37 MST: Communcation to HSU and NELHA station has been lost. Problem is unknown at this time. -Afshin Andreas
February 27, 2013
- 09:07 MST: There will be a scheduled NREL power outage Saturday March 2 from 08:00 MST to 16:00 MST. This work is to accommodate an upgrade to the NREL campus power capacity.
The power outage will affect all computer systems and network infrastructure. As a result the NREL MIDC web site will not be available during this time as UPS systems may not protect the systems throughout the entire outage duration.
After power is restored and full operations resume there should be no data loss.
February 13, 2013
- 14:48 MST: The ability to switch from "normal" to "large" fonts is now available on MIDC time series daily plots or site comparison plots. -Afshin Andreas
February 8, 2013
- 09:15 MST: There is a problem with the SRRL BMS Upwelling PIR which started on Feb 11, 2013. Apparently related to dome temperature measurement (likely due to water infiltration into the bendix connector). Problem will be investigated tomorrow. -Afshin Andreas
January 15, 2013
- 11:07 MST: A new MIDC Home Page that provides a map of all our measurement stations is now available. The mapping is provided by Google Static Maps API, however automatic zooming for closely clustered stations is provided and the back button should work to "un-zoom". There is also a drop down list for all the stations for those that would like to go directly to a measurement station. -Afshin Andreas
January 11, 2013
- 10:06 MST: SRRL Global Horiz LI-1800 Spectroradiometer has been down since Jan 13 @ 745 MST, problem unknown at this time. -Afshin Andreas
January 3, 2013
- 17:06 MST: Two U.S. Virgin Islands Met Towers (Longford and Bovoni 2) have been added to added to MIDC. Data is available since December 13, 2012.
- 11:12 MST: The SRRL BMS 3-second data feed for the radiometer tower (internal access only) has been updated to version 304. CNR1Temp was replaced with GloNormal [W/m^2] and DWCG3Net was replaced with GloPhoto [klux]. -Afshin Andreas
- 09:11 MST: Due to data logger clock corruption, SMUD Anatolia data from Dec 25, 2012 through Jan 2, 2013 has been removed from MIDC until further notice. -Afshin Andreas