News Release: NREL Announces Participants for 2016 Executive Energy Leadership Program
June 14, 2016
The Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has selected 22 leaders to participate in its 2016 Executive Energy Leadership program (Energy Execs), which provides non-technical business, governmental, and community leaders throughout the country an opportunity to learn about renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, analytical tools, and financing to guide their organizations and communities in energy-related decisions and planning.
The four-month program, which begins this week, offers executive decision-makers from throughout the U.S. an in-depth opportunity to learn from some of our laboratory's most prominent scientists, engineers and professionals, tour our research facilities, and visit local renewable energy installations.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will demonstrate what they've learned in the program by presenting a feasible clean energy project that is relevant to their organization or community. Since its inception in 2007, more than 200 representatives of industry, government and non-profit organizations have completed the Energy Execs program, delivered through the Executive Energy Leadership Academy. For more information, visit http://www.nrel.gov/energyexecs/.
NREL is the U.S. Department of Energy's primary national laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. NREL is operated for DOE by The Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC.
Editors please note: A complete list of this year's Energy Execs participants follows.
- Matthew Arms - Port of Long Beach (California)
- Ron Arthur - State of Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Kathleen Baireuther - Austin Technology Incubator (Texas)
- Cindy Beeler - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 8 (Colorado)
- Matthew Berry - Mortenson Construction (Colorado)
- Joel Fetter - Booz Allen Hamilton (District of Columbia)
- Dave Hatchimonji - Boulder County, Colorado EnergySmart
- William Hearn - CBRE (Georgia)
- Heather Johnson - Vestas Wind Systems (Colorado)
- Gary Jonesi - Environmental Protection Agency Office of Civil Enforcement (District of Columbia)
- Jessica Kelleher - Flatirons Field Services (Colorado)
- James Lester - State of Colorado Public Utilities Commission (Colorado)
- Jennifer Loraine - Office of U.S. Senator Cory Gardner (CO) (District of Columbia)
- Maren Mahoney - Arizona State University Energy Policy Information Council
- Eric Manuel - National Renewable Energy Laboratory (Colorado)
- Dan Powers - CO-LABS (Colorado)
- Casey Reeves - U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (Virginia)
- Pat Spearman - Nevada State Senate
- Joe Thill - National Renewable Energy Laboratory (Colorado)
- Isaac Vanderburg - Alaska Small Business Development Center
- Hannah Vargason - Natural Capital Investment Fund (West Virginia)
- Kyle Wheeler - Prologis (Colorado)
Visit NREL online at www.nrel.gov