MCST Research Operations
The Materials and Chemistry Science and Technology (MCST) Research Operations Center facilitates the impact of research and development (R&D) by building and strengthening the scientific infrastructure within MCST.
The primary responsibilities of the Research Operations staff are described below. Pete Sheldon is the Center Director.
MCST Directorate Operations Support.
R&D Infrastructure Development and Strategic Planning.
Facility and Capability Readiness.
- Custom Research Equipment Design-Build Capabilities. Add short description
- Concept and Design
- Design Requirements Assessment
- Controls and Automation
- Design-Build Services for simple to highly complex research instruments
- Hazard assessment and mitigation
- High-purity process piping
- Software integration
- Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI) S2 standard assessment
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)/Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Documentation
- Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Coordination
R&D Equipment Preventative Maintenance and Repair.
Informatics and Data Management.