Multifactor authentication is required to remotely access NREL's high-performance computing (HPC) systems.
- Obtain a registration code to set up your multifactor token. You probably received a registration code from the HPC Operations Team already, but if not you can request a registration code.
- Important! Install Red Hat's FreeOTP Authenticator app on your mobile device (iPhone / Android) before proceeding as you will only have a few minutes to complete the process after logging in. Other TOTP-capable apps may work but are unsupported.
Registration Code Request
If you need a new token registration code, request it here.
Once you have a registration code, click to enroll (set up) your token.
- From your workstation, use your web browser to visit https://hpcvpn.nrel.gov/otp/.
- In the Username field, enter your HPC username.
- In the Password field, enter your HPC password followed by the registration code you received.
- Log In