Sixth Workshop on Autonomous Energy Systems
Join NREL for the Sixth Workshop on Autonomous Energy Systems.
NREL Research Support Facility
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, CO 80401
What To Expect
By focusing on basic research in optimization theory, control theory, big data analytics, and complex system theory, we aim to develop a flexible planning and operation framework that can keep pace with the complexity of modern energy systems. One of the goals of this workshop is to identify research directions for achieving 100% clean electricity by 2035.
The workshop aims to bridge gaps between academic and industry energy systems communities, featuring talks for academia, national laboratories, and industry leaders to identify and build fruitful collaborations that address challenges in the adoption of resilient and efficient autonomous energy grids.
The workshop will also host a poster session for graduate students to present their recent work on autonomous energy systems and related theoretical research. Potential speakers for the workshop or presenters of the poster session are invited to submit single-page abstracts on their recent works on the topics of interest below.
Topics of interest include:
- Modeling, control, and optimization of microgrids
- Data solutions for monitoring and control of energy systems
- Optimizing the interaction between transmission and distribution systems
- Human-dimension of energy systems and energy justice
- Distributed energy resources and storage large-scale deployment, integration, and control
- Demand-side management, demand response, electricity markets.
Call For Abstracts or Posters
We invite potential participants to submit abstracts for contributing to the workshop with a talk or a poster (graduate students only) on recent advances in autonomous energy systems.
- Please use the autonomous energy systems template to prepare your abstract.
- To contribute to the workshop with a presentation, please email a PDF file to Autonomous Energy Systems Abstract by June 5, 2023 (extended).
- The minimum length for abstracts is 200 words, and the maximum length is one page excluding figures and references.
- To present your research in the poster session, please email a PDF file to Autonomous Energy Systems Poster by deadline.
- For any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Michelle Patton.
The workshop will provide travel grants to selected poster submissions to cover travel and accommodations. All submissions to the poster sessions will be considered for the travel grant.
Abstract submissions deadline: June 5, 2023 (extended)
Notification of talk acceptance: June 16, 2023 (extended)
Schedule released: July 3, 2023 (extended)
For more information on visiting NREL, including lodging, transportation options, and security procedures, visit our Golden Laboratories and Offices page.
Data and Privacy Notice
Fifth Autonomous Energy Systems Workshop (2022)
Virtual Autonomous Energy Systems Workshop (2022)
Fourth Resilient Autonomous Energy Systems Workshop (2021)
Third Autonomous Energy Systems Workshop (2020)
Second Autonomous Energy Systems Workshop (2019)
First Autonomous Energy Grids Workshop (2017)
If you have any questions about the workshop, please email Michelle Patton.