This page provides travel information for visitors to the Golden offices and laboratories of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
NREL is accessible via bus on the RTD route 20 from Aurora and Denver. Route 20 travels along 20th Avenue and ends at the NREL Education Center. Visit the RTD website or call 303-299-6000 to plan your trip or for more information.
Visit the Denver International Airport site to find:
- Car rental agencies
- Shuttle services, and
- Other transportation options, including commuter rail, taxis, and limousines.
There are several lodging choices available in the Golden and Lakewood area.
- Denver Marriott West (walking distance to NREL)
- Residence Inn & Courtyard by Marriott Denver West/Golden
- Candlewood Suites Lakewood
- Hampton Inn Denver West/Golden
- Comfort Suites
- Table Mountain Inn
- Denver/Lakewood Fairfield Inn
- Sheraton Denver West Hotel
- TownePlace Suites Denver West Federal Center
- Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
High Altitude Tips
Before traveling to NREL, please remember that the lab is located at a high altitude with varying weather conditions and plan accordingly. See high altitude tips on VISIT Denver, the travel and visitor website.