Hydrogen Energy Basics (Text Version)
This is the text version of the video "Hydrogen Energy Basics."
Here are 7 fun facts about hydrogen and fuel cells.
- Sir William Robert Grove is credited with creating the first hydrogen fuel cell nearly
200 years ago.
- Thousands of stationary fuel cell systems exist worldwide, providing power for hospitals,
hotels, data centers, and college campuses.
- Hydrogen fuel cells also play a large role in sustainable transportation. Fuel cells
can be used to power buses, airplanes, boats, submarines, motorcycles, forklifts,
- They've also been used to power satellites, space capsules, and even a space shuttle.
- Hydrogen-powered cars are zero-emission vehicles, meaning they only emit water and
do not pollute the environment.
- The average hydrogen fuel cell car can drive over 300 miles on a single tank, and
fueling time takes only 3 to 5 minutes.
- NREL's cutting-edge research will help lower costs, increase reliability, and support even more advancement in hydrogen fuel cells.