Advanced Energy Science and Technology Collaboration
NREL engages in research collaboration with counterpart international technical institutes and agencies and with private sector firms in areas that advance mutual U.S. Department of Energy and NREL objectives and those of international partners.
Key technical areas for such science and technology partnerships include:
- Biofuels and broader bioenergy systems
- Building energy design and technologies
- Energy system integration and analysis
- Fuel cells and hydrogen production
- Geothermal energy
- Grid modernization and other advanced power system technologies
- Marine and hydropower energy systems
- Solar electric and thermal energy
- Vehicle technologies, including e-mobility
- Wind energy technologies.