Current Official Release
SolTrace Version 3.0 is now available. SolTrace is available for Windows (32-bit and 64 bit), Linux (compiling via source code is most reliable), and Mac (OS X 10.6).
- Monte-Carlo ray-trace code for optical modeling of all types of CSP systems.
- Utilizes all available processors for significant speed increase over original version.
- The overall geometry can be organized into either physical or virtual Stages; the number of elements per Stage is almost unlimited.
- A wide range of aperture and surface descriptions are available.
- Results can be displayed using embedded graphical visualization tools.
- A scripting language is included to allow for parametric analyses.
- The graphical interface is updated to utilize NREL’s wxWidgets extensions toolkit (WEX).
For reference purposes and for upgrading old geometry files, the prior version of SolTrace (Version 2016.12.22) is still available for download. Check directly with SolTrace Support for directions.