Energy Analysis Publications
Learn more about our energy analysis activities in these publications.
Complex systems analysis integrates all aspects of our capability set to develop future energy system scenarios and analyze for cost, operability, and sustainability.
We perform impact analysis to evaluate and understand the impact of markets, policies, and financing on technology uptake and the impact of new technologies on markets and policy frameworks.
Our sustainability analysis considers future energy scenarios’ implications on resource availability, emissions, air quality, land, and water use.
- Understanding the Life Cycle Surface Land Requirements of Natural Gas-Fired Electricity
- Potential Air Quality Benefits from Increased Solar Photovoltaic Electricity Generation in the Eastern United States
- Comparing Facility-level Methane Emission Rate Estimates at Natural Gas Gathering and Boosting Stations
In techno-economic analyses, we conduct full life-cycle and supply-chain analysis of energy technologies to identify key R&D directions and competitiveness opportunities.
We develop and maintain maps and geospatial tools that provide renewable resource distribution information and renewable energy production potential for researchers and decision makers.
In this issue of Analysis Insights, learn about the role analysis has played in guiding renewable energy innovation at NREL and beyond.
- Renewable Energy on the Grid: Redefining What's Possible
- Energy Storage - Possibilities for Expanding Electric Grid Flexibility
- Sustainable Transportation
- Realizing Clean Energy's Potential - Lessons Learned in the U.S. West
- Making Sustainable Energy Choices - Insights on the Energy/Water/Land Nexus