The NREL wind research program develops publications about its R&D projects, accomplishments, and goals in wind energy technologies. Here you will find links to some of our most popular and recent publications from technical papers to fact sheets.
The National Wind Technology Center's (NWTC) quarterly newsletter, @NWTC, contains articles on current wind energy research projects and highlights the latest reports, papers, articles, and events published or sponsored by NREL.
- A Surface Ice Module for Wind Turbine Dynamic Response Simulation Using FAST
- Automatic identification of wind turbine models using evolutionary multiobjective optimization
- Could Crop Height Affect the Wind Resource at Agriculturally Productive Wind Farm Sites?
- Effects of floating sun gear in a wind turbine's planetary gearbox with geometrical imperfections
- Effects of power reserve control on wind turbine structural loading
- Experimental investigation of bearing slip in a wind turbine gearbox during a transient grid loss event
- Field testing of linear individual pitch control on the two-bladed controls advanced research turbine
- Improving wind turbine drivetrain designs to minimize the impacts of non-torque loads
- Modeling dynamic stall on wind turbine blades under rotationally augmented flow fields
- Monitoring of Wind Turbine Gearbox Condition through Oil and Wear Debris Analysis: A Full-Scale Testing Perspective
- Simulation comparison of wake mitigation control strategies for a two-turbine case
- Theoretical and experimental study on gear-coupling contact and loads considering misalignment, torque, and friction influences
- Wind Measurements from Arc Scans with Doppler Wind Lidar
- Wind plant power optimization through yaw control using a parametric model for wake effects—a CFD simulation study
- Wind plant system engineering through optimization of layout and yaw control
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Investigation of Gearbox Motion and High-Speed Shaft Loads
- Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Utility-Scale Wind Turbine Generators
- JacketSE: An Offshore Wind Turbine Jacket Sizing Tool; Theory Manual and Sample Usage with Preliminary Validation
- Measuring Turbulence from Moored Acoustic Doppler Velocimeters; A Manual to Quantifying Inflow at Tidal Energy Sites
- Remote Sensing of Complex Flows by Doppler Wind Lidar: Issues and Preliminary Recommendations
- U.S. Department of Energy Regional Resource Centers Report: State of the Wind Industry in the Regions
Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
WILD is a searchable bibliographic database of documents that focuses on the effects of wind energy development on wildlife.
NREL Publications Database
For a comprehensive list of other NREL wind publications, explore NREL's Publication Database. When searching the database, search on the following key words: wind, wind energy, wind turbines, or on a specific area or component name, i.e. offshore, gearbox, dynamometer, blade testing.
Wind Technical Library
The NWTC's library provides services and information resources to NREL staff, members of the scientific community, and the general public. The library owns a collection of technical reports, books related to wind energy, educational brochures, and audio/visual materials that include slides, prints, and films of historical turbines as well as current wind energy technology.
For more information, contact the NWTC librarian:
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, CO 80401