The NREL wind research program develops publications about its R&D activities in wind energy technologies. Below you'll find links to recently published publications, links to the NREL Avian Literature and Publications Databases, and information about the Technical Library at the National Wind Technology Center (NWTC).
The outreach publication for NWTC is @NWTC, a quarterly newsletter that contains articles on current wind energy research projects and highlights the latest reports, papers, articles, and events published or sponsored by NREL. To subscribe, see the @NWTC Newsletter page.
Here are some selected NWTC publications:
- Eastern Wind Integration Study
- Western Wind and Solar Integration Study
- Wind Power Today, 2010, Wind and Water Power Program (WWPP)
- 2009 Wind Technologies Market Report
- Large-Scale Offshore Wind Power in the United States: Executive Summary
- Assessment of Offshore Wind Energy Resources for the United States
Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
WILD is a searchable bibliographic database of documents that focuses on the effects of wind energy development on wildlife.
NREL Publications Database
For a comprehensive list of other NREL wind publications, explore NREL's Publication Database. When searching the database, search on the following key words: wind, wind energy, wind turbines, or on a specific area or component name, i.e. offshore, gearbox, dynamometer, blade testing.
Wind Technical Library
The National Wind Technology Center's library provides library services and information resources.