The NREL wind research program develops publications about its R&D projects, accomplishments, and goals in wind energy technologies. Here you will find links to some of our most popular and recent publications from technical papers to fact sheets.
The National Wind Technology Center's (NWTC) quarterly newsletter, @NWTC, contains articles on current wind energy research projects and highlights the latest reports, papers, articles, and events published or sponsored by NREL.
Here are some selected NWTC publications:
- NREL Assesses National Design Standards for Offshore Wind (Fact Sheet)
- New Framework Transforms FAST Wind Turbine Modeling Tool (Fact Sheet)
- NREL Report Redefines Wind as a Grid Stabilizer, Not a Liability (Fact Sheet)
- NREL Identifies Investments for Wind Turbine Drivetrain Technologies (Fact Sheet)
- New Facility to Shed Light on Offshore Wind Resource (Fact Sheet)
- Western Wind and Solar Integration Study: Phase 2
- 2011 Cost of Wind Energy Review
Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
WILD is a searchable bibliographic database of documents that focuses on the effects of wind energy development on wildlife.
NREL Publications Database
For a comprehensive list of other NREL wind publications, explore NREL's Publication Database. When searching the database, search on the following key words: wind, wind energy, wind turbines, or on a specific area or component name, i.e. offshore, gearbox, dynamometer, blade testing.
Wind Technical Library
The NWTC's library provides services and information resources to NREL staff, members of the scientific community, and the general public. The library owns a collection of technical reports, books related to wind energy, educational brochures, and audio/visual materials that include slides, prints, and films of historical turbines as well as current wind energy technology.
For more information, contact the NWTC librarian:
15013 Denver West Parkway
Golden, CO 80401