The NREL wind research program develops publications about its R&D activities in wind energy technologies. Below you'll find links to recently published publications, links to the NREL Avian Literature and Publications Databases, and information about the Technical Library at the National Wind Technology Center (NWTC).
The NWTC's quarterly newsletter, @NWTC, contains articles on current wind energy research projects and highlights the latest reports, papers, articles, and events published or sponsored by NREL.
Here are some selected NWTC publications:
- 2011 Cost of Wind Energy Review
- Built-Environment Wind Turbine Roadmap
- NREL Collaborates with SWAY on Offshore Wind Demonstration (Fact Sheet)
- Western Wind and Solar Integration Study
- NREL Uses Computing Power to Investigate Tidal Power (Fact Sheet)
- Active Torque Control for Gearbox Load Reduction in a Variable-Speed Wind Turbine
- NREL Develops New Controls that Proactively Adapt to the Wind (Fact Sheet)
Wind-Wildlife Impacts Literature Database (WILD)
WILD is a searchable bibliographic database of documents that focuses on the effects of wind energy development on wildlife.
NREL Publications Database
For a comprehensive list of other NREL wind publications, explore NREL's Publication Database. When searching the database, search on the following key words: wind, wind energy, wind turbines, or on a specific area or component name, i.e. offshore, gearbox, dynamometer, blade testing.
Wind Technical Library
The National Wind Technology Center's library provides library services and information resources.