NREL's research directorates can help solve your energy challenges and increase the pace and scale of innovations in energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, and renewable power technologies.
NREL enables industry, government, research, and nonprofit partners to conceive innovative ideas, develop concepts into prototypes, and accelerate market-ready technologies. Together, we can address the nation's energy challenges while strengthening U.S. economic competitiveness and supporting America's homes, businesses, and infrastructure.
Learn more about partnering with NREL.Contact Us Today
NREL and Partners Solve Energy-Related Challenges
NREL Can Help You, Here's Why
- We are results-driven: Backed by 40 years of achievement, NREL leads the way in helping to meet the growing demand for energy innovation.
- We are focused: NREL is the only U.S. federal laboratory dedicated to America's advanced energy future.
- We are relevant: With more than 700 active partnership agreements including small and large businesses; non-profits, educational institutions; and local, state, and federal government, NREL is helping partners solve their energy challenges.
- We have the resources: NREL's distinctive expertise, state-of-the-art laboratories, and testing and partnering facilities for developing commercially viable products can help you.
- We have options: We'll work with you to explore your innovation needs and the best partnership path with the laboratory. Learn more about technology transfer at NREL.
NREL's Innovation, Partnering, and Outreach directorate accelerates the transfer of laboratory technologies to the marketplace. The directorate includes the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center, which helps to connect emerging advanced energy businesses with the financial community; NREL technical expertise and facilities; and the broader energy ecosystem. The directorate is led by Associate Laboratory Director Bill Farris.