Teaming with Technical Institutes, Governments, and International Organizations on Advanced Energy Solutions
Partner with NREL to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy, energy efficiency, smart grid, and other advanced power, transportation, building, and industrial energy solutions in your region.
U.S. Federal Agency Support
NREL provides world-class analytic and technical support for implementation of international energy programs for U.S. agencies, including:
U.S. Department of State
U.S. Department of Commerce
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Work with us on your next advanced energy project, and join our growing list of partners. Also, learn about our international research activities.
Technical Institutes and Government Agencies
NREL collaborates with partners from over 80 countries. This includes international cooperation with technical institutes, companies, government agencies, and community organizations from developing and developed countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin American and the Caribbean, and North America. Along with support from the U.S. government, NREL receives support from institutions in:
- European Commission
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- And many others.
International Agencies, Development Banks, and Organizations
In-country project work is made possible through partnerships with the following organizations:
- African Development Bank
- Asian Development
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Global Green Growth Institute
- International Energy Agency
- International Finance Corporation
- International Renewable Energy Agency
- Renewable Energy Network for the 21st Century
- Rocky Mountain Institute
- United Nations Development Program
- United Nations Environment Program
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- World Bank
- World Resources Institute
- Children's Investment Fund Foundation
- Energy Innovations
- European Climate Foundation
- Hewlett Foundation
- Shell Foundation
- U.S. and International Businesses and Investment Organizations
- And many others.
Also see our list of global partner programs.
Learn about all of NREL's partnership opportunities.