Work with Us
At NREL, state, local, and tribal governments have many opportunities to take advantage of our policy, market, and technical expertise. Here's how you can work with us to meet your community's clean energy goals.
You can apply to get help from NREL through any of these U.S. Department of Energy technical assistance programs.
- Solar Technical Assistance Team (STAT)—solar market expertise and policy best practices
- Energy Efficiency Technical Assistance Team—energy efficiency policy and program expertise for states
- Tribal energy decision support—resources and direct assistance with clean energy projects
- Clean Cities—supports local actions to reduce petroleum use in transportation
- Universities—screening and assistance to help deploy midscale solar systems
Data and Tools
Make more informed decisions about clean energy policy and projects using our data and tools.
Collaborations and Agreements
There are a variety of ways to partner with NREL using technology partnership agreements.
Living Laboratories and Education Center
The NREL campus includes living laboratories, buildings that researchers and other NREL staff use every day, including a large office building, and low-energy parking structure, and cafeteria. A variety of educational programs—including tours and lectures—are offered through NREL's education center.
To learn more about our capabilities and working with us, contact us via email.
Find a Position with Us
If you are interested in working for NREL or working alongside our knowledgeable staff to learn more about policy and market analysis, look into:
NREL's career opportunities for postdoctoral researchers, research associates, and others.
You can learn from our researchers in a variety of ways, including mentored research internships for undergraduate and graduate students.