Solar Resources for Local Governments
NREL offers resources to local governments seeking to go solar. In support of the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Office, these resources aim to increase the deployment of midscale solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, engage stakeholders to develop deployment solutions, and empower decision makers.
To assist organizations with midscale solar deployment, NREL has also produced information on state policies.
City and County Solar Photovoltaics Training Program
NREL is offering a no-cost PV training program for 50 cities and counties seeking to go solar on their facilities—both buildings and land. For detailed information on the training program, view the City and County Solar PV Training Series Kickoff Webinar.
In addition to the training program, NREL will post resources to this page. The tentative schedule for posting materials is:
- January: Goals Development and Your Solar Team
- February: Site Identification and Screening
- March: Project Validation and Permitting
- April: Project Economics and Financing
- May: Solar Procurement (Requests for Proposals and Power Purchase Agreements)