Stand-Alone Measurements and Characterization
The Stand-Alone Measurements and Characterization (M&C) tools in the laboratory with the Science and Technology Facility cluster tools offer powerful capabilities for measuring and characterizing photovoltaic materials and devices.
Contact Brent Nelson for more details on these capabilities.
Basic Stand-Alone M&C Capabilities
Measurements and Characterization
- Lock-in thermography imaging workstation
- Photoluminescence and electroluminescence imaging workstation
- n&k analyzer
- Large-area photoemission tool
- Semilab tool
- Scanning electron microscopy tool
- Photothermal deflection spectroscopy tool
- Scanning probe microscopy tool
- Reflectometer diagnostic tool
- Rutherford backscattering spectrometry tool
- Optical processing furnace (optical thermal annealing station)
- Silicon wafer preparation workstation
Other Measurements and Characterization Capabilities
The capabilities of the Stand-Alone Measurements and Characterization tool suite are supplemented by the Integrated Measurements and Characterization cluster tool within the surrounding laboratory space. Samples from the Stand-Alone tool suite can be transported to the Integrated M&C cluster tool using a mobile transport pod, which can keep samples under vacuum conditions.
Other stand-alone measurements and characterization capabilities exist within the National Center for Photovoltaics, but are located in laboratories outside this lab space in the Science and Technology Facility.