In preparation for the 2009 U.S. Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) Data Stakeholder meeting, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) sent out a questionnaire to collect input from a wide audience interested in life cycle analysis.
The results from that poll and information gathered from the stakeholders meeting, which was hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy in February 2009, appears on this page. The polling data and feedback from life cycle analysis supporters helped develop the U.S. Life Cycle Inventory Database Roadmap.
Focus areas of the meeting were:
- Reconsidering possibilities and requirements for LCI data and life cycle analysis applications
- How the U.S. LCI Database can support life cycle analysis activities
- What issues need to be addressed for the database to properly support analysis.
NREL collected 101 responses to the questionnaire, which was conducted prior to the meeting. Highlights from the data appear on this page and complete poll results are also available.
When participants were asked if they or their companies had used the U.S. LCI Database during the past 12 months, they responded:
- 64% have used U.S. LCI Database
- 72% have used other databases
- 94% intend to conduct life cycle analysis activities