Avoiding password updating issues on the HPC systems
March 06, 2019
Avoiding password updating issues on the HPC systems:
General advice: Be diligent with using your password on the HPC systems correctly.
- Don't save you password in a open area where it can be found by others.
- Consider using a password safe application.
- Don't wait until the last minute to update your password near the end of your expiration period.
- Use strong or very strong passwords to enhance the security of our systems.
- When creating a password, don't use common names, common words or user ID's.
- Please use a combination of numbers, non-ASCII characters and keep the length of the password at 10 characters or more.
- A user cannot duplicate a previously used password and once changed, the user cannot change it again until 24 hours have expired.
- Lastly, please avoid using a number or non-ASCII character in the first or last position of the over all password.
- Please reference the User Accounts/Passwords page on our website for any further questions.