CSC Tutorials Team - External Users
April 7, 2022
Staff in the Computational Science Center host multiple tutorials and workshops on various computational science topics throughout the year, such as Visualization, Cloud, HPC, and others. In Microsoft Teams, a “Computational Sciences Tutorials” public team was just created to be the hub for all such tutorials and workshops.
As an external user, you will be able to view discussion board posts, resource files, our SharePoint Calendar, and lists of the upcoming schedule and related repo links. Unfortunately, you will not be able to access recordings or the survey. The SharePoint Calendar provides a month view for upcoming tutorials, their descriptions, and links to join. If you miss the monthly announcements in our newsletters, you can access calendar events and find meeting information to join the tutorials in the Teams channel. The Upcoming Schedule provides a list view of the upcoming events and their tentative dates.
For external users, you will receive an invite from the team. Should you decide to join the public team, there a few steps you will need to take. First, you need go through the steps to register a free Office365 account (or login if you already have an account). Next, you will need to download Microsoft Authenticator or another authenticator application. The process is straightforward, and you will be prompted during each step of the process. If you do not accept the invite or do not wish to go through the process of joining the public team, you can rely on the monthly newsletters or visit the website https://www.nrel.gov/hpc/training.html for meeting information.
- You will receive a welcome email from the team owner (sometime this week), with information about the team. Click on accept.
- If you have never created a MS Office 365 account, you will prompted to create one. If you already have a MS Office 365 account, login.
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted to set up Microsoft Authenticator or
other authenticator app.
- From your mobile device, Download and install the app from the Apple Store (for iOS) or the Google Play Store (for Android) and Open the app.
- On your mobile device, you will be prompted to allow notifications. Select Allow.
- On your mobile device, click OK on the screen for what information Microsoft gathers.
- Click Skip on the "Add personal account" page.
- Click Skip on the "Add non-Microsoft account" page.
- Click Add Work Account on the "Add work account" page.
- Click OK to allow access to the camera.
Going forward, anytime you login, you will get a prompt on your phone to authenticate.