Prevention of Unintentional Islands in Power Systems with Distributed Resources Webinar
Learn about unintentional islanding in a webinar from NREL and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
This webinar from August 24, 2016, featured a presentation by NREL researcher Ben Kroposki to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA). The webinar focused on the following topics and included a discussion following the presentation.
- Types of islands in power systems with distributed resources
- Issues with unintentional islanding and how to protect against it
- Standard testing for unintentional islanding
- Advanced testing of inverters for anti-islanding functionality
- Probability of unintentional islanding and the future of anti-islanding protection.