Electrochemical Characterization Laboratory
The Energy Systems Integration Facility's Electrochemical Characterization Laboratory is designed for evaluating the electrochemical properties of novel materials and understanding the reaction mechanisms within electrochemical fuel cells to address issues of cost, performance, and durability facing proton exchange membrane fuel cells.
The Electrochemical Characterization Laboratory offers the following capabilities:
- Determination and benchmarking of novel electrocatalyst activity
- Determination of electrochemical surface area and electrocatalyst and support corrosion-resistance and durability
- Synthesis and characterization of novel electrocatalysts
- Determination of fundamental electrochemical parameters
- Estimation of electrocatalyst utilization.