Brian Gregg is a Principal Scientist at NREL in the Center for Chemical and Materials Science.
- 1988–1990 Postdoctoral research with Adam Heller at University of Texas at Austin; Topic: Enhanced Amperometric Biosensors
- 1980–1984 Engineer in the Display Research Group, Tektronix, Inc.; Topic: Ferroelectric Liquid Crystal Displays
- 1974–1977 Research Technician, Universitäts Kinder Klinik, West Berlin; Topic: Development of a Breath-Based Glucose Tolerance Test
- Photoconversion processes in organic semiconductors
- Design and synthesis of organic materials for solar energy conversion
- Liquid crystalline semiconductors
- Energy transfer and exciton quenching
- Interfacial carrier recombination rates Other processes for producing, storing or saving energy.
1984–1988 Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry, University of Texas at Austin with Marye Anne Fox and Allen J. Bard; Topic: Molecular Engineering for Solar Energy Conversion
1978–1980 B.S. in Chemistry at the University of Oregon
1971–1973 Studied Physics at Reed College, Portland, Oregon
- Liang, Z., Gregg, B. A. (May 2012). "Compensating Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Reveals Its Doping Density and Its Strong Exciton Quenching by Free Carriers." Adv. Mater. (24); Accessed April 12, 2013: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adma.201201157/full.
- Liang, Z., Nardes, A. M., von de Lagemaat, J., Gregg, B. A. (December 2011). "Activation Energy Spectra: Insights into Transport Limitations of Organic Semiconductors and Photovoltaic Cells." Adv. Funct. Mater. (22); Accessed April 12, 2013: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/adfm.201102813/abstract.
- Gregg, B. A. (November 2011). "Entropy of Charge Separation in Organic Photovoltaic Cells: The Benefit of Higher Dimensionality." J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (2); Accessed April 12, 2013: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jz2012403?mi=v5ek1t&af=R&pageSize=20&searchT....
- Hines, A.; Liang, M.; Woodhouse, M.; Gregg, B. (2010). "Molecular Semiconductors in Organic Photovoltaic Cells." Chem. Rev. (110); p. 6689.
- Gregg, B. A., Kose, M. E. (July 2008). "Reversible Switching Between Molecular and Charge Transfer Phases in a Liquid Crystalline Organic Semiconductor." Chem. Mater. (20); Accessed April 12, 2013: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cm800813h?journalCode=cmatex&quickLinkVolume....
- Gregg, B.A. (2004). "Interfacial Processes in the Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell, (invited review)." Coord. Chem. Rev. (248:13-14); pp. 1215-1224. Accessed July 27, 2012: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ccr.2004.02.009.