Climate Action Planning Process
For research campuses, NREL has developed a five-step process to develop and implement climate action plans:
- Determine baseline energy consumption
- Analyze technology options
- Prepare a plan and set priorities
- Implement the climate action plan
- Measure and evaluate progress.
The process follows a logical hierarchy of actions to evaluate options by energy sector and set specific targets. It encompasses every energy system on campus, recognizing that campus-wide measures have greater potential for reducing carbon emissions.
Use the Climate Action Planning Tool to determine which technology options will have the most impact on your campus.