Interns and Postdocs
We are looking for talented full-time graduate and undergraduate students, along with recent Ph.D. graduates, to participate in our internships and fellowships.
Interested in joining our team?Find your opportunity
Recent Ph.D. graduates should apply for temporary appointments of mentored advanced training to enhance your professional skills and support the research independence required to pursue your career path.
NREL's Director's Fellowship attracts the next generation of exceptionally qualified scientists and engineers with outstanding talent and credentials in renewable energy research and related disciplines. Complete application packages are reviewed annually from June through September 15.
We want to meet you in person. Find out when we’ll be attending conferences, or visiting colleges or universities, and learn first-hand about the exciting opportunities that await you at NREL.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting
- National GEM Consortium Conference
New York, NY
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society National Conference
- Hispanic Engineer National Achievement Awards Conference
- Society of Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
National Diversity in STEM Conference
Salt Lake City, UT
- Society of Women Engineers Conference
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Conference
Kansas City, MO
- Black Engineer of the Year Conference
Feb. 8-10, 2018
- Colorado School of Mines Spring Career Day
Feb. 13, 2018
- National Society of Black Engineers Annual Convention
March 21-25, 2018
- Emerging Researchers National Conference in STEM
Feb. 22-24, 2018