User Call for Advanced Distribution Management System Test Bed
NREL is accepting proposals from external research partners to identify projects that require using NREL's Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) Test Bed.
The ADMS Test Bed is a key capability of NREL's Advanced Research on Integrated Energy Systems (ARIES) research platform that addresses the challenges associated with integrating distributed energy resources into the broader power system. The test bed helps utilities meet customer expectations of reliability, power quality, renewable energy use, data security, and energy resilience.
About the User Call
The ADMS Test Bed user call is specifically seeking proposals for use cases related to one of four research areas:
- Control architectures: Addressing control architectures and/or algorithms for systems with high levels
of distributed energy resources
- Role of distributed energy resource management systems and aggregators: Addressing ways to coordinate the operation of an ADMS with distributed energy resource
management systems and/or aggregators, and the level of visibility that the ADMS requires
into distributed energy resource management systems and/or aggregator operations
- Integration with buildings and vehicles: Addressing the evaluation of control and management solutions that specifically
include integration with buildings and vehicles
- Communications architectures and cybersecure data: Addressing the evaluation of control and management solutions that specifically include different communications architectures, protocols, and/or cybersecure solutions.
Applicants must submit a proposal package that contains two files:
- An application that adheres to all formatting requirements
- A PowerPoint slide deck.
Formatting requirements and templates for the slide deck are available in the full user call.
Completed proposal packages should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. MDT on Jan. 28, 2022. The subject line of the email should read "ADMS Test Bed User Call – Organization, Contact, Last Name."
There is no limit to the number of proposals that an applicant may submit.
All eligible proposals will be evaluated by NREL technical research staff and management. To be considered, an applicant must meet all eligibility criteria and have an application package containing all required materials.
Question and Answer Session
A Q&A session was held on Dec. 16, 2021. Meeting details will be posted on this page when they are finalized.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.