Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Publications
The NREL wind research program's Gearbox Reliability Collaborative publishes reports and presentations of its activities.
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Update (Presentation)
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Phase 1 and 2: Testing and Modeling Results
- Improving Wind Turbine Gearbox Reliability
- Wind Turbine Micropitting Workshop: A Recap
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Project Report: Findings from Phase 1 and Phase 2 Testing
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative — Phase 1 and 2 Overview (Presentation)
- Wind Turbine Tribology Seminar
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Update: A Brief (Presentation)
- Wind Turbine Tribology Seminar — A Recap
- NREL Collaborates to Improve Wind Turbine Technology (Fact Sheet)
- DOE/NREL Gearbox Reliability Collaborative: All Members Meeting Agenda
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative (GRC) Description and Loading
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Bearing Calibration
- NREL Gearbox Reliability Collaborative: Comparing In-Field Gearbox Response to Different Dynamometer Test Conditions
- Determining Wind Turbine Gearbox Model Complexity Using Measurement Validation and Cost Comparison
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative: Test and Model Investigation of Sun Orbit and Planet Load Share in a Wind Turbine Gearbox
- Dynamic Analysis of Wind Turbine Planetary Gears Using an Extended Harmonic Balance Approach
- Combined Effects of Gravity, Bending Moment, Bearing Clearance, and Input Torque on Wind Turbine Planetary Gear Load Sharing
- Gearbox Modeling and Load Simulation of a Baseline 750-kW Wind Turbine Using State-of-the-Art Simulation Codes
- Estimation of Blade and Tower Properties for the Gearbox Research Collaborative Wind Turbine
- Progressive Dynamical Drive Train Modeling As Part of NREL Gearbox Reliability Collaborative (Poster)
- Progressive Dynamical Drive Train Modeling As Part of NREL Gearbox Reliability Collaborative
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Analysis Round Robin
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Experimental Data Overview & Analysis
- NREL Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Experimental Data Overview and Analysis
- Wind Turbine Gearbox Condition Monitoring Round Robin Study — Vibration Analysis
- Sideband Algorithm for Automatic Wind Turbine Gearbox Fault Detection and Diagnosis
- Investigation of Various Wind Turbine Drive Train Condition Monitoring Techniques
- Wind Energy's New Role in Supplying the World's Energy: What Role Will Structural Health Monitoring Play?
- Investigation of Oil Conditioning, Real-time Monitoring and Oil Sample Analysis for Wind Turbine Gearboxes (Presentation)
- Investigation of Various Condition Monitoring Techniques Based on a Damaged Wind Turbine Gearbox
- Investigation of Various Wind Turbine Drivetrain Condition Monitoring Techniques (Presentation)
- Wind Turbine Drivetrain Condition Monitoring During GRC Phase 1 and Phase 2 Testing
- Wind Turbine Drivetrain Condition Monitoring (Presentation)
- 2011 Wind Turbine Condition Monitoring Workshop
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative: Gearbox Inspection Metadata
- Wind Turbine Gearbox Failure Modes — A Brief (Presentation)
- Gearbox Reliability Collaborative Gearbox 1 Failure Analysis Report: December 2010 – January 2011
NREL is a leader in the development of international standards related to wind energy applications. NWTC researchers and field testing personnel are members of standards committees for the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Underwriters Laboratory (UL), and the International Measuring Network of Wind Energy Institutes (MEASNET)..
Current design standards specifically applicable to gearbox design and testing include:
- ANSI/AGMA/AWEA 6006-A03, Standard for Design and Specifications of Gearboxes for Wind Turbines
- International Electrotechnical Commission. IEC 61400-4: Wind turbines — Part 4: Design Requirements for Wind Turbine Gearboxes.
- International Organization for Standardization. (1996). ISO-6336-1: Calculation of load capacity of spur and helical gears. Geneva, Switzerland: ISO.
- International Organization for Standardization. (2005). Wind Turbines — Part 4: Standard for Design and Specification of Gearboxes. ISO/IEC 81400-4:2005. Geneva, Switzerland: ISO, February 2005.