"Wind industry partners who work with us reap tremendous benefit from our experience, capabilities, and state-of-the-art equipment."
—Fort Felker, Wind Center Director
NREL's National Wind Technology Center's (NWTC) unique research capabilities, experienced staff, and specialized state-of-the-art equipment provide our industry partners and stakeholders with technical support from the design table to the marketplace and have contributed to many industry successes.
Our research covers a wide spectrum of wind energy engineering disciplines, both land-based and offshore, including computational fluid dynamics, structural; power systems and electronics; and turbine engineering applications for wind turbines with capacity ratings of a few hundred kilowatts to several megawatts. Our unique capabilities include:
- Design review and analysis
- Computer-aided engineering tools
- Systems and controls analysis
- Utility grid integration assessment
- Wind resource assessment and mapping
To learn more about the capabilities of the National Wind Technology Center, see the fact sheets below:
- The National Wind Technology Center: A Proven and Valued Wind Industry Partner
- 225-kW Dynamometer for Testing Small Wind Turbine Components
- Dynamometer Testing
- Environment and Siting Fact Sheet
- Field Testing
- Multi-Megawatt Turbine Research
- NREL's R&D Success Stories
- Software Development, Modeling, and Analysis
- Systems and Controls Analysis and Testing
- Transmission and Grid Integration
- Wind Resource Assessments and Mapping
- Wind Technology Application: Wind Powering America
For more information, contact Fort Felker at 303-384-6905.