NREL supports the development of marine and hydrokinetic technologies and hydropower R&D through the U.S. Department of Energy's Water Power Program. Our activities span a wide spectrum of disciplines, including fluid mechanics; dynamics, structures, and fatigue; power systems and electronics; resource assessment and mapping; economic analysis; and grid interconnection.
Read more about NREL's water power R&D capabilities:
- Design Review and Analysis
- Device and Component Testing
- Computer-Aided Engineering Tools
- Resource Characterization
- Economic and Power System Modeling and Analysis
- Grid Integration
Read more about NREL's offshore wind research and development activities.