In-Depth Solar Technical Assistance
In fiscal year 2014, DOE is offering two rounds of in-depth technical assistance to cities and states targeting policy and programmatic improvements that will open and develop markets for distributed generation (DG), specifically solar rooftop photovoltaics (PV). This assistance is not a financial award. Rather, successful applicants are partnered with DOE and NREL expert staff to determine the most effective use of assistance in forwarding market opening policies and programs.
The application period for Round 2–2014 is now closed.
- Applications for Round 1–2015 will be available online after the start of the fiscal year 2015 in October.
Types of Assistance Available
The types of assistance available through the Solar Technical Assistance Team's (STAT) in-depth program include:
- Review and comparison of current policies to best practices with suggestions for policy changes to better serve the solar distributed generation market
- Unbiased analysis of economic and market impacts of changes to policies
- Review and comparison of current regulations to best practices with suggestions for policy changes to better serve the solar DG market
- Unbiased analysis of economic and market impacts of changes to regulations.
NREL/DOE anticipate providing 1–10 weeks of work on these requests.
The Solar Technical Assistance Team (STAT) is a project of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) SunShot Initiative that is implemented in partnership with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL). If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com.