Photovoltaics for Residential Buildings Webinar
January 25, 2011
Watch a recording of NREL Senior Engineer Otto Van Geet's Jan. 25, 2011, presentation about using solar photovoltaic (PV) systems to provide electricity for homes. It's one of the presentations in a series of Sustainable Energy Resources for Consumers Webinars sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization Assistance Program.
You can also read a transcript of the Webinar.
The resources and tools mentioned in the presentation include:
- Database for State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency
- NREL Solar Ready Buildings Planning Guide
- PV Watts: A Performance Calculator for Grid-Connected PV Systems
- NREL In My Back Yard Tool
- NREL Solar Technology Analysis Models and Tools
- DOE SunShot Solar Energy Resource Center
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners Resources
- Grid Alternatives Solar Affordable Housing Program.
Otto Van Geet is an expert in energy efficiency and renewable energy systems on buildings. His work primarily supports the DOE Federal Energy Management Program, but he has also supported municipal and state projects, including the San Diego Solar America project.