NREL's Visitors Center on the South Table Mountain main campus incorporates a large number of energy efficiency and sustainability practices into its cutting-edge design. The lab's first showcase building, the facility proudly displays technologies that can save energy, create jobs, and generate clean electricity and fuels from plentiful domestic, carbon-free sources.
Energy Efficiency Features
- Trombe wall lights and heats the exhibit hall
- Direct evaporative cooling system
- LED lights with lighting control system
- Energy management system monitors temperature, humidity and occupancy
- Native and xeriscape vegetation
- Composting and recycling bins
For more information, see the Visitors Center website.