Energy Systems Integration Facility
The Energy Systems Integration Facility (ESIF), submitted for the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Platinum-level rating, incorporates a large number of energy efficiency and sustainability practices. Researchers housed within will help overcome challenges related to the interconnection of distributed energy systems and the integration of renewable energy technologies into the electricity grid. The ESIF will also contain advanced computational capability.
- Cost: $135M
- Square feet: 182,500
- Occupants: 205
- Labs/Equipment: 14 laboratories, an Insight Visualization Center, a High Bay Control Room, and outdoor test beds
- High Performance Computing Facility
Energy Efficiency Features
- Natural ventilation through operable windows
- Open air cubicles
- LED lights with lighting control system
- Radiant heating and cooling
- Composting and recycling bins
- Native and xeriscape vegetation
Learn more on the ESIF Web page.