Sabbaticals and Faculty Appointments
Sabbatical and faculty appointments are designed for senior scientists or engineers who have established records of research productivity and accomplishments in NREL's research and deployment disciplines, and who are on leave from an academic, business, or governmental institution. Sabbaticals and faculty appointments are arranged through NREL's Research Participant Program and appointments do not generally extend beyond one year.
Participants must meet the following requirements:
- NREL's Organizational Conflict of Interest Policy
- Senior scientist, engineer, or other professional who is on leave from their home institution
- Participant's home institution will pay all or partial expenses.
- Resume, cover letter stating areas of interest, and letter of financial support from home institution
- Resumes accepted all year for possible placement.
Transportation and Housing
- May be eligible for round-trip transportation for participant, spouse, and dependent children (if applicable)
- May be eligible for a housing allowance
- Local housing information.
Please direct questions or requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NREL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.