Qualified postdoctoral researchers have the opportunity to participate in the laboratory's research and development programs, initiate new areas of research, and establish a base for ongoing collaborations through NREL's Research Participant Program. People with new ideas and talents can be a part of research of mutual interest in NREL's research and deployment disciplines, while also contributing to the transfer of the technology resulting from that research.
For information on current openings, select "Search Openings" on Job Openings and select "Research Participant Program" from "Job Group" list.
This category is designed to provide recent Ph.D. graduates (within three or fewer years) with practical training in science and engineering. The qualified graduate will have demonstrated superior abilities and interest in research and development areas related to NREL's mission. Initial appointments are generally for one year. Extensions to these appointments may be granted based on programmatic need and funding availability, up to a maximum of three years.
A postdoctoral scholar is an individual who has received a doctoral degree and is engaged in a temporary and defined period of mentored advanced training to enhance the professional skills and research independence needed to pursue his or her chosen career path.
- the appointment is temporary; and
- the appointment involves substantially full-time research or scholarship; and
- the appointment is viewed as preparatory for a full-time academic and/or research career; and
- the appointment is not part of a clinical training program; and
- the appointee works under the supervision of a senior scholar or a department in a university or similar research institution (e.g., national laboratory, NIH, etc.); and,
- the appointee has the freedom, and is expected, to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment.
- Recent Ph.D. graduate
- Three or fewer years of experience
- Resume with list of publications and a cover letter stating areas of interest
- Resumes accepted all year for possible placement and for specific open positions only
Transportation and Housing
- May be eligible for some relocation expenses for participant, spouse, and dependent children (if applicable)
- May also be eligible for benefits
- Local housing information
Please direct questions or requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NREL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.