Skip to main content

Technology Partnership Agreements

Technology Partnership Agreements (TPAs) can provide access to National Center for Photovoltaics (NCPV) expertise, facilities, and intellectual property (IP) via funding from the partner. A variety of TPAs are available—for example, a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP), or Technical Services Agreement (TSA). The type of agreement depends on the scope of the project and the partner's desires regarding IP terms and conditions. See more details on the NREL Commercialization and Technology Transfer website.

The NCPV is actively pursuing collaborative R&D projects with industry that will strengthen the photovoltaic community and align with DOE SunShot Initiative goals. It is, however, critical to ensure that the requested resources can be accommodated and that the proposed funding level is commensurate with the scope of the proposed project. These considerations can best be determined through collaboration with NCPV researchers and/or through discussions with NREL's Commercialization and Technology Transfer Office. If you are uncertain whom to contact regarding TPAs, contact the NCPV Business Development Manager.

Eligibility Requirements

U.S. companies may apply. Non-U.S. entities should contact the NCPV Business Development Manager to discuss TPA options.

Application Process

See the NREL Commercialization and Technology Transfer website for specific details about how to apply for a CRADA, WFO, TSA, and more.