Our silicon group members have backgrounds in physics, chemistry, mathematics, materials science, and electrical engineering.
Senior Scientist II
- Film silicon photovoltaics: Epitaxial growth and defect formation mechanisms, device physics, light trapping
- Nanostructured semiconductor materials for photovoltaics: Quantum dots (Si and PbS), nanowires, "black" silicon, advanced light-trapping structures
- Thin-film silicon photovoltaics and physics of disordered silicon: Light-induced structural changes, defects, hydrogen, electronic transport
- Film-silicon solar cells
- Physics, fabrication, and characterization of novel electronic devices
- Nanoscale electronics and plasmonics
Read a short profile of Sachit Grover.
Research Technician II
- Microfabrication techniques
- Silicon epitaxy
- Photovoltaic characterization
- Semiconductor physics
Read a short profile of Vincenzo LaSalvia.