Our silicon group members have backgrounds in physics, chemistry, mathematics, materials science, and electrical engineering.
Senior Scientist II
- High-efficiency silicon photovoltaics: advanced passivation techniques and industrially-relevant processes
- Interfacing Si cell with other materials for high-efficiency tandem
- Nanostructured semiconductor materials for photovoltaics: Si quantum dots, nanowires, "black" silicon, advanced light-trapping structures.
- Film-silicon solar cells
- Physics, fabrication, and characterization of novel electronic devices
- Nanoscale electronics and plasmonics
Read a short profile of Sachit Grover.
Research Technician II
- Microfabrication techniques
- Silicon epitaxy
- Photovoltaic characterization
- Semiconductor physics
Read a short profile of Vincenzo LaSalvia.