On staff since: 2009
Phone number: 303-384-7869
Email Benjamin Lee
Primary Research Interests
- Light trapping in thin silicon solar cells
- Optical and electronic properties of silicon quantum dots
- Epitaxial-film silicon solar cell design, fabrication, and characterization
- Optical Society of America
- American Physical Society
Education and Background Training
- Ph.D. in Applied Physics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (2009)
- B.S. in Applied Physics, Caltech, Pasadena, CA (2002)
Hobbies and Other Interests
- Cycling, skiing, skating, hiking, canoeing
- Calligraphy art
B. G. Lee, P. Stradins, D. L. Young, K. Alberi, T.-K. Chuang, J. G. Couillard, and H. M. Branz, "Light trapping by a dielectric nanoparticle back reflector in film silicon solar cells," Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 064101 (2011).
B. G. Lee, J. Kansky, A. K. Goyal, C. Pflugl, L. Diehl, M. A. Belkin, A. Sanchez, and F. Capasso, "Beam combining of quantum cascade laser arrays," Optics Express 17, 16216 (2009).
B. G. Lee, M. A. Belkin, C. Pflugl, L. Diehl, H. A. Zhang, R. M. Audet, J. MacArthur, D. Bour, S. Corzine, G. Hofler, and F. Capasso, "DFB quantum cascade laser arrays," IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics 45, 554 (2009).
B. G. Lee, M. A. Belkin, R. M. Audet, J. MacArthur, L. Diehl, C. Pflugl, D. Oakley, D. Chapman, A. Napoleone, D. Bour, S. Corzine, G. Hofler, J. Faist, and F. Capasso, "Widely tunable single-mode quantum cascade laser source for mid-infrared spectroscopy," Applied Physics Letters 91, 231101 (2007).