Processing in the Silicon Cluster Tool
This page provides additional details on processing in the Silicon cluster tool.
Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD) Etching Chamber
This hollow-cathode plasma source is used for process etching and hydrogenating multicrystalline and film crystalline silicon.
- Process etching of amorphous, microcrystalline, and crystalline silicon (a-Si:H, µc-Si, and c-Si)
- Cleaning hydrocarbons from surfaces
- Hydrogenating multicrystalline and film crystalline silicon
- Researching a-SiNx:H etching
- Substrate temperature up to 400°C with uniformity of ±12°C
- Cathode-to-substrate distance is 5 cm and is adjustable
- PECVD performed at 13.56 MHz
- SF6, H2, O2, and Ar are available for cleaning substrates
- Etching is performed with SF6
- Gases available are C2H6 and CF4
- Gas flow rates from 0 to 500 sccm
- Base pressure ~10-8 torr (ultra-high vacuum)
- Process pressures up to 1 torr
- Plasma viewports
For more information, contact Qi Wang.