Refractive Index and Extinction Coefficient Analyzer
This page provides details on the refractive index (n) and extinction coefficient (k) analyzer—or n&k analyzer—in the silicon area of the Process Development and Integration Laboratory. This capability should be operational within 2009.
This system simultaneously determines thickness and n and k in the spectral range of 190 to 1000 nm. It provides non-destructive, real-time, high-throughput measurements directly on the device and collects reflectance and transmission data at the same point.
- Determining n and k values
- Collecting reflectance (R) and transmission (T) data
- Operates in the spectral range of 190 to 1000 nm
- Non-destructive, real-time, high-throughput measurements
- Uses advanced pattern-recognition software
- Spot size: R = 50 μm, T < 400 μm
- Can map thickness and optical properties on large (157 mm x 157 mm) substrates
Contact Qi Wang for more details.