Processing in the Atmospheric Processing Platform
This page provides details on processing in the Atmospheric Processing platform.
Sample Preparation Box
The sample preparation box allows samples to be loaded into platens and prepared for further processing.
Large-Area Rapid Thermal Processing
This rapid thermal processing (RTP) unit can quickly heat large-area (157-mm x 157-mm) substrates to temperatures up to 1250°C. Samples can be transferred to and from this unit in ambient atmospheres.
In RTP, the temperature of a substrate is increased rapidly and maintained at a target temperature for a short period of time, typically less than 60 s. Heating is accomplished using high-power halogen-quartz lamps. RTP allows high-temperature processing at low thermal budget.
- Removing organics thermally from deposited films
- Recrystallizing film material during a post-growth period
- Heats substrates up to 1250°C at a high ramping rate of 150°C/s
- Access to three process gases (Ar, N2, air), but other gases will be possible
- Built into a glove box so substrates can be heated and moved without exposure to air
Contact Maikel van Hest for more details on these capabilities.