Events - June 2013
Upcoming events sponsored by NREL, industry partners and universities are listed below. If you have a question about an event, contact the person listed for the specific event. If no contact is listed, or if you have a more general question about the events page, send your comments to Sarah Barba.
Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle on Display at Capitol Hill People’s Fair
June 1 - 2, 2013
- Denver, CO
- Contact: Melanie Caton 303-275-3832
NREL will showcase a fuel cell hybrid vehicle along with a small stationary fuel cell system at the Capitol Hill People’s Fair at Denver's Civic Center Park. NREL representatives will be on hand to answer questions and give away educational literature about renewable energy, alternative fuels, and advanced vehicles.
- Open to the Public
June 8, 2013
- Boone , NC
Distributed wind energy workshop participants will learn about selecting a site for a distributed wind project, case studies of successful projects, opportunities in the region for distributed wind, technical aspects of the technology, and a guide to choosing a turbine. Attendees will visit a 100-kW Northwind 100 turbine on the Appalachian State University campus. Cost is $200. All attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
June 10 - 12, 2013
- Providence/Warwick , RI
Hundreds of industry stakeholders representing every aspect of the offshore renewable energy industry will unite for EnergyOcean International's technical program which offers the latest in offshore ocean energy technological advances, updates on what is happening in the industry, along with regulatory issues and policy.
June 11 - 12, 2013
- Rochester , NY
- Contact: American Wind Energy Association 202-383-2512
APPA National Conference
June 15 - 19, 2013
- Nashville , TN
- Contact: American Public Power Association 202-467-2900
See the American Public Power Association website for more information.
June 18 - 19, 2013
- Stevens Point , WI
Join manufacturers, installers, distributors, site assessors, policy-makers, advocates, educators, and other wind energy professionals to learn about news in the industry, share experiences, and visit the exhibit hall.
June 21 - 23, 2013
- Custer , WI
- Contact: Midwest Renewable Energy Association 715-592-6595
The Energy Fair brings over 20,000 people rural central Wisconsin and features:
- Over 275 exhibitors - featuring sustainable living and clean energy products
- Over 200 workshops - including introductory level to advanced hands-on education: solar, wind, green building, local sustainable food, and more
- Alternative Transportation Show - featuring demonstration vehicles and exhibitors
- Green Home Pavilion - emphasizing building and remodeling in a sustainable way
- Green Building Demos - displaying sustainable building techniques in action
- Sustainable Tables - including workshops, chef demos, and a farmers' market to bring sustainability to your dinner table
June 25 - 28, 2013
- Palm Desert , CA
- Contact: Michael Arquin, Kidwind Project 877-917-0079
Learn about wind energy from the experts and share this knowledge with teachers and students in your state or region. This training is a unique opportunity which combines improving your knowledge about wind energy science and teaching about wind in K-12 classrooms using a wide array of curricula and educational materials.
There are over 91 WindSenators in 26 states. These highly qualified and dedicated educators (k thru college) have impacted thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students in the last four years through teacher workshops, KidWind Challenges, and a variety of engaging regional events.
The five-day training program will provide hands-on instruction about wind energy science and technology using a variety of subjects (physics, technology, biology, earth and environmental science) and includes in-depth training on WindWise and KidWind materials and curricula. There will also be a number of guest speakers from the wind industry, and tours of local wind facilities. Existing WindSenators will be instructors and available to talk about how they have implemented training programs in their states.