India Solar Resource Maps
This page contains high-resolution solar resource maps and data for India. The high-resolution (10-km) solar resource data were developed using weather satellite data incorporated into a site-time specific solar mapping approach developed at the U.S. State University of New York at Albany. The data were output as data in geographic information system (GIS) format and as static maps.
These products were developed by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in cooperation with India's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, through funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Please contact Ted Quinby for any additional information.
Direct normal irradiance
Global horizontal irradiance
India SAM Files
- Download SAM solar files for select Indian locations
- Ahmadabad (ZIP 971 KB)
- Amritsar (ZIP 1 MB)
- Begumpet (ZIP 1 MB)
- Calcutta-Dum Dum (ZIP 930 KB)
- Jaipur-Sanganer (ZIP 762 KB)
- Lucknow-Amausi (ZIP 967 KB)
- Nagpur Sonegaon (ZIP 721 KB)
- Tiruchchirapalli (ZIP 1 MB)
- Varanasi-Babatpur (ZIP 979 KB)
- India SAM file documentation (MS Word 5 MB)
Solar Data README File
- README (TXT 4 KB)