Systems Integration considers the relationships among electricity, thermal, and fuel systems and data and information networks to ensure optimal integration and interoperability across the entire energy system spectrum.
Advanced R&D in systems integration ranges from technology innovation to electric, fuel, thermal, and water infrastructure deployment. System integration research areas include:
- Prototype testing through hardware-in-the-loop
- Energy system integration
- Energy storage
- Renewable energy integration
- Electric vehicle integration
- Energy management systems
- Advanced metering technology
- High-level system integration
- New distribution scenarios such as household DC systems and residential-scale generation and storage integrated with home energy management systems.
Learn more about NREL's systems integration R&D with these partners: