Zhuangchun Wu received his Ph.D. from the University of Florida in 2008. For his dissertation work, Dr. Wu worked with Dr. Andrew G. Rinzler, studying properties of single wall carbon nanotubes thin films (SWNTF) and the interface between SWNTF and various polymer and semiconductors. He then worked as a post-doctoral researcher with Dr. Lin Simpson and Dr. Anne Dillon at NREL, focusing on the applications of low-dimensional carbon in nanocomposite materials for high-power lithium ion batteries. He is currently a scientist at NREL, working on projects that focus on a variety of fundamental and applied research topics, including lithium ion batteries and electrochromic windows.
- Nanocomposite materials for high power lithium ion battery applications
- Electrochromic window
- Microbial fuel cell/ microbial electrochemical cell
- Optoelectronic devices
- Wu, Z.; Chen, Z.; Du, Xu; L., Jonathan, M.; Sippel, J.; Nikolou, M.; Kamaras, K.; Reynolds, J. R. (2004). "Transparent, conductive carbon nanotube films." Science (305); pp. 1273-1276.
- Ban, C.; Wu, Z..; Gillaspie, D.T.; Chen, L.; Yan, Y.; Blackburn, J.L.; Dillon, A.C. (2010). "Nanostructured Fe3O4-SWNT Electrodes: Binder-free and high-rate Li-ion anode." Advanced Materials (22); pp. E145-E149.
- Ban, C.; Li, Z.; Wu, Z.; Kirkham, M.J.; Chen, L.; Jung, Y.S.; Payzant, E. Andrew; Yan, Y.; Whittingham, M. S.; Dillon, A.C. (2011). "Extremely durable high-rate capability of a LiNi0.4Mn0.4Co0.2O2 cathode enabled by single-wall carbon nanotubes." Advanced Energy Materials (1); pp. 58-62.
- Wang, H.; Wu, Z.; Plaseied, A.; Jenkins, P.E.; Simpson, L.; Engtrakul, C.; Ren, Z. (2011). "Evaluation of carbon nanotube modified air-cathodes for electricity production in microbial fuel cells." J. Power Sources (196); pp. 7465-7469.
- Wadhwa, P.; Liu, B.; McCarthy, M.A.; Wu, Z.; Rinzler, A.G. (2010). "Electronic Junction Control in a Nanotube-Demiconductor Schottky Junction Solar Cell." Nano Letters (10); pp. 5001-5005.
- Liu, B.; McCarthy, M.; Yoon, Y.; Kim, D.; Wu, Z.; So, F.; Holloway, P.; Reynolds, J.R.; Guo, J.; Rinzler, A.G. (2008). "Carbon-nanotube-enabled vertical field effect and light emitting transistors." Advanced Materials (20 (19); pp. 3605-3609.
- Lee, K.; Wu, Z.; Chen, Z.; Ren, F.; Pearton, S. J.; Rinzler, A.G. (2004). "Single wall carbon nanotubes for p-type Ohmic contacts to GaN light-emitting diodes." Nano Letters (4); pp. 911-911.