Sharon Smolinski is a research scientist at NREL. She has worked on projects examining hydrogenases in purple non-sulfur photosynthetic bacteria, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, and Synechocystis. She is currently working on multiple projects, including an integrated system of biohydrogen production involving a mixed bacterial consortium.
2011 M.S., Environmental Sciences Program, University of Colorado at Denver
2011 Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Analysis, University of Colorado at Denver
1998 B.S., Biology, with honors, University of Colorado at Denver
1998 B.F.A., Painting, with honors, University of Colorado at Denver.
- Posewitz, M. C.; Smolinski, S. L.; Kanakagiri, S.; Melis, A.; Seibet, A.; Ghirardi, M. L. (2004). "Hydrogen Photoproduction Is Attenuated by Disruption of an Isoamylase Gene in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii." Plant Cell (16:8); pp. 2151-2163.
- Posewitz, M.C., King, P.W., Smolinski, S.L., Zhang, L., Seibert, M., and Ghirardi, M.L. (2004). "Discovery of Two Novel Radical S-adenosylmethionine Proteins Required for the Assembly of an Active [Fe] hydrogenase." J. Biol. Chem. (279); pp. 25711-25720.
- Maness, P.C., S. Smolinski, A. Dillon, M. Heben, and P.F. Weaver (2002). "Characterization of the oxygen tolerance of a hydrogenase linking to a carbon-monoxide oxidation pathway in Rubrivivax gelatinosus." Appl. Environ. Microbiol. (68); pp. 2633-2636.
- Huang, Z.; Maness, P.C.; Blake, D.M.; Wolfrum, E.J.; Smolinski, S.L.; Jacoby, W.A. (2000). "Bactericidal Mode of Titanium Dioxide Photocatalysis." Chemistry (130); pp. 163-170.
- Maness, P.C.; Smolinski, S.; Blake, D.M.; Huang, Z.; Wolfrum, E.J.; Jacoby, W.A. (1999). "Bactericidal Activity of Photocatalytic TiO2 Reaction: Toward an Understanding of Its Killing Mechanism." Applied and Environmental Microbiology (65:9); pp. 4094-4098.