NREL's Executive Energy Leadership Program is an in-depth training program conducted over five multi-day sessions from May through September. The classroom experience includes lectures and overviews by technology experts, laboratory tours, and off-site field trips. Course content includes overviews of technologies, market assessments, analytical tools, and financial information. Briefings by technology experts, tours of research laboratories, and visits to renewable energy installations are part of the classroom experience. At the end of the program, students present individual or group projects of value to their organization or community. All sessions originate and end at NREL's campus in Golden, Colorado. For additional details, see the sample syllabus or contact Energy Execs.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for the upcoming 2015 Program.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to influence the energy-related decisions of their organizations or communities;
- Commitment to attend all classes;
- Commitment to undertake a class project;
- Submission of two letters of recommendation, including one signifying their organization's commitment to applicant's participation.
There is no fee for this program. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging expenses. Course materials, transportation, and some meals during the program are provided.
2015 Program Dates
May 13–15, June 17–19, July 15–17, August 19–21, and September 17–18.
The application process for the 2015 class closes on January 30, 2015.
- Complete the online application by January 30, 2015
- Email the following three documents to EnergyExecs@nrel.gov:
- Professional resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter from applicant's supervisor or executive signifying organization's commitment to the applicant's participation
- Confirm availability for all program dates.
An NREL-established committee will review applications and applicants will be notified of the committee's decision as soon as possible.