Participants in NREL's Executive Energy Leadership Institute learn about renewable energy and energy efficiency from the experts through this accelerated training program typically conducted over a three-day period. Course content includes briefings by technology experts on renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, market assessments, and analytical and financial tools, as well as associated technology tours. Tours of NREL research facilities are a key component of the Institute. All sessions originate and end at NREL's campus in Golden, Colorado. For additional details, including a customized Leadership Institute in your region, see the sample syllabus or contact Energy Execs.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for the upcoming 2015 Institute.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to influence the energy-related decisions of their organizations or communities;
- Commitment to attend all classes;
- Submission of one letter of recommendation signifying their organization's commitment to applicant's participation.
There is no fee for the Institute. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging expenses. Course materials, transportation, and some meals during the program are provided.
2015 Institute Dates
The application process for the 2015 session closes on January 16, 2015.
- Complete the online application by January 16, 2015
- Email the following three documents to EnergyExecs@nrel.gov:
- Professional resume
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter from applicant's supervisor or executive signifying organization's commitment to the applicant's participation
- Confirm availability for all program dates.
An NREL-established committee will review applications and applicants will be notified of the committee's decision as soon as possible.