Participants in NREL's Executive Energy Leadership Institute learn about renewable energy and energy efficiency from the experts through this accelerated training program typically conducted over a three-day period. Course content includes briefings by technology experts on renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, market assessments, and analytical and financial tools, as well as associated technology tours. Tours of NREL research facilities are a key component of the Institute. All sessions originate and end at NREL's campus in Golden, Colorado. For additional details, including a customized Leadership Institute in your region, see the sample syllabus or contact Energy Execs.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply for the upcoming 2014 Institute.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to influence the energy-related decisions of their organizations or communities;
- Commitment to attend all classes;
- Submission of one letter of recommendation signifying their organization's commitment to applicant's participation.
The program is not intended for vendors or purveyors of energy services.
Tuition is waived; course materials, transportation, and meals during the program are provided. Participants are responsible for travel and lodging expenses.
2014 Institute Dates
The application process for the 2014 session closes on January 31, 2014.
To apply for the program, applicants must:
- Complete the application (online preferred) by January 31, 2014
- You may print the application and mail or fax it, if necessary
- Submit two letters of recommendation to EnergyExecs@nrel.gov
- Include applicant's name in subject line
- One letter must signify organization's commitment to applicant's participation
- Confirm availability for all program dates.
An NREL-established committee will review applications, and if appropriate, conduct informal interviews. Applicants will be notified by mid-March.